An introduction to doing business as a cooperative, including:
- What exactly is a cooperative, anyway? Legal and practical definitions
- What kinds of cooperatives are there, and what industries do they operate in?
- Steps to starting a co-op, or converting a business into a cooperative
- What are the rights and responsibilities of membership in a co-op?
- How does a co-op distribute profits?
- What are some ways of raising capital for co-ops?
- How does decision making work in a co-op?
- Who is eligible to become a member of a co-op?
- What can go wrong?
- What resources are available to help get a co-op started?
You will walk away with our comprehensive checklist for starting a cooperative, and a list of resources to get you started!
Feb. 20, 2014, 6-8 pm
Red Sun Press, 94 Green St. Jamaica Plain MA 02130
Registration is free – donations accepted!
Presented by the Boston Center for Community Ownership
**Please let us know if you would like interpretation services!**